Tuesday, November 3, 2009

respect for the man

I usually leave my husband out of my blog because .... well, frankly, he asked me to. But today? Today, I'm getting mushy.

Last night there was a crisis. I can't tell you what it was about (because of other people involved) but I can tell you (if you are concerned) my family is fine. So anyway, there was a crisis involving events and people (try to crack THAT code!). His phone blew up at 2 am. He sprang out of bed and hopped into the driver's seat of this ride we call life. I listened to him on the phone and all I heard out of his mouth were words of integrity. He possesses such an ability to take control of a situation, such an eloquence to influence people and such confidence to pull it all together. Obviously, I've known this about him, but for me sitting up at two in the morning while the rest of the house is sound asleep, it was one of those moments where I sat back, looked at my spouse and thought, "wow, I'm lucky to have you."

I stayed awake with him as long as I could (you know, for moral support) before sleep came back over me and he stayed up, serving others. When his alarm rang to get up for work, his fanatical commitment to his job yanked him out of bed and sent him on his way. This man is strong. This man is committed. This man is amazing. A lot of people rely on him in many different capacities -sometimes, it seems like he does bear the weight of the world, but he does it so well.

As for me, I have it easy. If I have a sleepless night, I can take a nap during the day. If I feel like I have too much on my shoulders, I can hire a babysitter and catch up. If I want to do something nice for my hubs, all I have to do is be there. That's all he asks from me. He just wants me around. Isn't that simple? Because if he asks me what I want from him I get all girly and make a number of requests. But all he wants from me is me. This great man wants me. It's a sweet life.

10 comments:

Casey said...

Aww, what a sweet guy. I'm pretty sure you provide that same level of support for him, in addition to just being there.

And did you say nap?

Hope everything is ok with your friends.

for a different kind of girl said...

Beautiful! What a great man, and how great you two have each other with such honor.

Aims said...

Bex~ You don't know me, but I grew up with your husband, and recently found your blog from another friend's... (How's that for roundabout??) I just wanted to say that after reading your blog today I am so thankful that Brandon has found you, and that you can be that person for him. He deserves that, and I love reading your post and being able to see the love in the words.
~Amy (aimlessam@att.net)

kyooty said...

hugs and prayers, you are one lucky woman! I can hear your love for your man in your words.

Krista P said...

Barf.


I love that you love him so much. Hope he reads your post and realizes how much you love him...even more than you tell him.

I hope you realize that you, too, are quite amazing and would do the same for family or friends in a heart beat.

Becky said...

That is great. And this is a great post! Well said. And yes, sometimes I'm blown away by how lucky I am too, and how little he really asks in return.

Hope things calm down around there soon!

Lisa Bates said...

That's so sweet. It's nice to see you mushy!

Mrsbear said...

Aw. Haven't been by in a bit, but that's really sweet. He sounds like a great partner to have. :)

Laufa said...

Aw, that was so sweet! Hope all works out with the crisis.

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

That is so sweet! Sounds like he's a great one to have around when all hell breaks loose!

Is he good when people are sick too? If so, send him over, I'll e-mail you my address.