Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Ten Things That Bought Me Happiness



I am a firm believer that the best things in life are free. Truly.
-The sound of my children giggling.
-The woods.
-The gift of creativity.
-Sore muscles after a hard work out.
-Cool breeze
-The way my mom answers her phone
-My dog's stupid popcorn trick

But there was another blogger (Brooke Snow - photographer extraordinaire) that recently posted ten thing that BOUGHT her happiness. And yes - there are some material things that bring me much delight. Here are my top ten...

iPhone.


I wanted it from the start and finally got a 3Gs when they went down to $49. It is worth its weight in gold and I love love love it!

HBO and HBO on Demand


Last Christmas I gave my husband the gift of HBO. But it has been entertaining for all of us!

Seasonal lattes from Starbucks.


What a treat to have a pumpkin latte or gingerbread latte. One really can not hold on to a bad mood while enjoying seasonal lattes. Impossible.
S'Mores!
My favorite food of all time. Ever.
This post cannot continue without mentioning my Canon.

While we are at it: Adobe Lightroom


I fell in love with this program so quickly. I barely use Photoshop anymore - only for working with layers.

Mitsubishi Endeavor.


It fits our family of 4 plus a great dane perfectly - with room to spare for hiking or fishing gear, photography gear (of course) or an array of sporting equipment. We've had it for 3 years and it has never lost its charm. (This pic of our actual car taken on our first trip to Big Bend - those are the Chisos Mountains.)
Jewelry!

I have a (probably unhealthy) obsession with jewelry.
Pentel RSVP pens!


Truly, the best pen on the market.

Panini Press

One of the best gifts I ever received. I am not one to indulge in kitchen gadgets. I think the basic tools are all the clutter I can take - but this has been a most useful gadget and has therefore earned its place on my counter top. Many thanks to my thoughtful MIL! I use it all the time!

What are your favorite things?

4 comments:

Brooke Snow Photography said...

You're awesome! I love it! And I love your happiness items! SEriously going to need to check out the Pentel RSVP pens since my current selection does NOT bring me happiness :)

Pearl said...

RSVP pens are THE BEST!!!! I LOVE THEM!

Ginny Marie said...

My list would definitely have to include my Nook! But I just read about the Kindle Fire, and it looks pretty cool....

Mrsbear said...

Your sons mohawk is fantastic, that picture in your header made my day.

I love pumpkin spice lattes.

Frozen Kit-Kats.

The days my husband is at work and the kids are at school and I can catch up on first season Glee episodes on the big TV while I have breakfast.

I'm easy.