Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Eve

"Mommy, I bet you can't find me!"

"Here I am! Let's do it again."

-------------------------------------

We spent Christmas Eve-ning at my MIL and FIL's house for raclette. (Insert involuntarily salivation here)

the irony of this book propped against my MIL's windows sill cracked me up!


Handsome guys


more handsome guys

tough guy


while everyone else was inside, Ethan was kicking the soccer ball around


pre dinner kir royale toast

Hors d'œuvre

accoutrement for raclette

Pièce de résistance! La raclette!

"Kids! Time to open presents!"


all ready to hand out presents!

.....But first, a family picture-or two.

figuring out the timer on my new camera


me and my beautiful MIL

"Ooh! Whaddya get?"


We are all going to ride the wave of the Imaginext Batman playset for a long long time!

----------------------------------------------------
Traditionally, in my family we always left a cold beer for Santa, because after a while, even a magical person gets a little gassy from all that dairy (at least that's what my parents always told me). The orange was my idea - just a refreshing treat from all those cookies. And the children insisted we leave some cookies. They are so old-school.

After the kids were in bed, my new slippers and I (and my Christmas apron my MIL made me a few years ago) did some elf-ing of our own!

2 comments:

kyooty said...

Awesome!!

Krista P said...

You're so funny. Looks like you had a fantastic time.