2010 was good year for me in terms of resolutions!
2009 was my "fat" year. I practiced French cooking, ate a lot of double portions and did wimpy workouts averaging 2 times per week. For 2010 I resolved to get back on the fitness and nutrition wagon. It was easier than I thought it would be. But I was raised with an emphasis on those two things so it was as easy as getting back to my roots. I recognize that this is much more difficult for people who didn't grow up like that.
Let's take a look at them all, shall we?
1. Lose TEN pounds. success! Lost it by March, gained 1 back. We'll call it "muscle"
2. Take my vitamins every day. faaaaaaaaail, it was hit and miss all year.
3. Teach Ethan the alphabet. fail! but he did learn his 123's, colors and shapes
4. Read 12 novels - success! I freaked out a little on this one. I thought it would be easy, until I realized that most of what I read is nonfiction. When did that happen? It was nice to keep a list of what I read and I plan on continuing that trend.
I ended up at 50%. Not bad!
2010 reading list:
*Julie and Julia by Julie Powell
Portrait in Sepia by Isabel Allende
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
Velva Jean Learns to Drive by Jennifer Niven
*Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
The Little Book by Selden Edwards
*The Founding Mothers: The Women Who Raised Our Nation by Cokie Roberts
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
*Gift From The Sea by Anne Morrow Lindbergh
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
The Marriage Bureau For Rich People by Farahad Zama
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
The Girl Who Played With Fire by Steig Larsson
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
Ghost Story by Peter Straub
*Battlefield of the Mind by Joyce Meyers
*The Murder Room: The heirs of Sherlock Holmes Gather to Solve the World's Most Perplexing Cold Cases by Michael Capuzzo
Cannery Row by John Steinbeck
The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey by Walter Mosley
Now on to the resolutions for 2011!
1. Organize every single drawer, cabinet and closet in my house! (We used to move once a year so this took care of itself, but we haven't moved in over 4 years! The clutter is growing ... and it must be stopped at once.)
*2. Run 5 races. (Every year I run one 5k at the end of July that marks the end of my daily jogging until the fall. The heat in these parts is too intense for me to be out jogging in August. I always think to myself, 'this is so fun, I should run more races.' Then I don't do it. In 2011 I will!)
3. Buy more clothes at Nordstom Rack. (This is my feel-good resolution).
4. Try 12 new exercise DVD's. (I get bored of the same old workouts - this will motivate me to try more new things!)
*2010 was the first year I didn't win my division. I even won in 2009, my fat year! Note to self, start running sprint drills in June. The extra weight must have added buoyancy.
2011 will be a more fit, organized and better dressed year!