Friday, August 10, 2012

This or That Healthy Lifestyle

Thanks to Glenneth for this fun meme! 

1. Run/workout in the heat and humidity or freezing temps and snow?
 I wish I had a choice but in south Texas it's either hot, or hotter. 

2. Have washboard abs or flat abs?
Flat abs. 

3. Dr. Oz or The Doctors?
I don't know them. Should I?

4. Cardio or strength?
Strength! The best shape of my life wasn't when I trained for marathons - it was when I did P90X.

5. Cravings: Protein or carbs?
Carbs. Mainly ice cream.

6. Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper?
Jillian. I miss her. 

7. Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream?
Fro yo is so much more fun!
 
8. To train: Upper body or Lower body?
I've always wanted sculpted and lovely arms. And I like being able to do a lot of push ups and pull ups. But my lower body is stronger so that makes it kind of fun to work out. Its a tie. 
First Lady = First Rate arms!

9. Protein powder or food with protein?
Food with protein. Mainly beans. 

10. Lunges or squats?
Squats. I can do both legs at a time! Ha! I'm so lazy. 

11. Sweet or salty?
Sweet. Chocolate. marshmallows. Have I mentioned ice cream lately? 

12. Workout attire: cute or comfy?
Comfy. I don't think I own any cute workout clothes. Since I play tennis 9 months a year, I would love to have some cute tennis clothes. Its not a priority. 

13. Body Pump or Heavy lifting?
Heavy lifting. 

14. Yoga or Pilates?
I love both and used to teach both but I prefer yoga. 

This is me and one of my besties at the studio. She owned it and I taught classes a few days a week.
15. Nike or Adidas?
Nike! (Maybe a Nike tennis dress is in my future...)
These are my shoes! My husband tells me I look like a smurf when I go running.

16. Running on the treadmill or outdoors?
Outdoors. Treadmills bore me. At least outdoors I can try to outrun potential attackers (I think about this way too much) also, mangy stray dogs and vicious chihuahuas protecting their turf.

17. Whole Foods or Trader Joes?
I buy corporate produce from HEB. I know its not fashionable. But we eat soooo much produce we would go broke if we bought organic. 

18. Summer or Winter Olympics?
Summer! Love love love summer Olympics. I'm kind of sad that its almost over BUT Shark Week couldn't be timed better if they tried!

19. Wine or beer?
Beer beer beer. Beer in my belly. Since starting bootcamp, I've laid off the beer - and ice cream. Basically empty calories are out of the question. 

20. Steamed or roasted veggies?
 That's a choice?! I love them both! Its like Sophie's Choice. How can choose?




No comments: