Friday, October 24, 2008

TGIF

It has been a long time since that acronym has escaped my lips - or fingertips.

As a SAHM all the days tend to blend together and when B is working the difference between the week and the weekend is the amount of meals I make for an extra person. But this week Friday represents a benchmark more than anything. A chance for me to say adios to last week and hola to an awesome weekend.

This week has been crazy! It has been an overload of problems - problems with one of my coworkers causing a rift in a friendship (solved, btw), the toilet exploded causing a waterfall in the kitchen, my identity was stolen and a bunch of fraudulent charges were made to my debit card. And a pimple the size of a chihuahua grew on my chin. (I think I will name him Chuy)

So most of the week my diet consisted of chocolate, coffee, Advil and water (health food).

My kids though are awesome! The joy of hanging out with them this week, surprisingly, was my saving grace for keeping my sanity! They are so funny and sweet. They have given me lots of reasons to be thankful and count my blessings, not to mention hugs on their own accord. They are an incredible joy. And they have prompted a lot of games and reading of books. Since I love them sooooo much and since my week was sooooooo crazy, I decided to play with them instead of do housework.

When I finally decided to stop moping and eating junk food and get back into my routine, Gabriel thought it was a Kodak moment. I guess he forgot what what mom looked like when she was cleaning!

the face of one frazzled woman

4 comments:

Nadine said...

What a week. You poor thing. Identity theft is the worst. Sorry you had to go through all of that. I hope all is resolved.

The Stiletto Mom said...

OMG, you not only look great without makeup, you are in fantastic shape. Sigh...time to get the yoga mat back out if you and I are gonna be blog buddies. Normally, I'd have to bear a grudge at this point but you seem so nice...
I hope you have a great weekend...sounds like you earned it! Also, I used to have a color very close to that in my previous house in the kitchen!! I love green. :)

Krista P said...

How DO you manage to look so cute while cleaning? It's just not fair Ms. G.

I'm sorry you had such a bad week, that really is unbelievable :(

Cheers to a better week.

Kellan said...

You look darling in those pictures! I'm sorry about the bad week and hope that you guys are having a wonderful weekend - the weather was so gorgeous today!

Take care and see you soon - Kellan