Thursday, October 2, 2008

more dorky mom moments

As predicted, I could not resist taking more photos of my brilliant son and his treasure chest.

[Just to fill you in, I am home schooling G for Pre-K and whenever he finishes a workbook he gets to pick something from the treasure chest.]

Now there is a new and fancy treasure chest compliments of Ma'amaw.


And here is my little brainiac with his prize.
This treasure chest business really motivates him. Hopefully it will all the way through high school (although he will be blowing away the public school teachers by then, not little old me). I'm sure at some point the treasures will be more high end than dollar store trinkets. We will cross that bridge when we get to it. In the mean time, I will save my laundry money (that is all the money I squirrel away from pockets when they go in the washing machine).

Going back to my thoughts from the playdoh post, today the upstairs really needed a good sweep and mop but instead the kids and I went in the yard. G and I drew an alligator with sidewalk chalk. I'm talking a really big huge alligator. We read in a magazine that they get to be 12' long so we drew it that long and then some as we talked about what a really BIG alligator might look like. Then we did some alphabet crafts and more work in the workbooks. E was happy drawing and playing with stickers the entire time. I really don't regret not sweeping the upstairs.

I must say, that while I was teaching my classes tonight Brandon took the liberty of some major cleaning of the upstairs. Thank you, B!

2 comments:

Krista P said...

Aww, B's so cool.

Nice job with the educating Mrs. G!

Kellan said...

I love the treasure chest idea - very cute and I can see why it motivates. He's so cute!

Have a good weekend - Kellan