Sunday, September 5, 2010

33 Years


Me, approx. 31 years ago.


The night before my bday I spent in airline limbo trying to get home from San Francisco. I stepped through my front door close to 2 am - and that was 24 hours earlier than the way the airline tried to reroute me. So on my actual bday, I slept in and spent the day at home receiving phone calls and gifts .... YAY!!!!

My friend, Ghada, made me this insanely delicious chocolate orange cake.

AND - this beautiful box from her homeland with a necklace tucked inside.
My BFF in St. Louis sent me a gorgeous bouquet.

The Wonderful Pearl Girl from Kansas City mailed this lovely box, decked out with personalized cards! (BTW - she is an amazing, creative and talented graphic designer extraordinaire).


To top it off, my awesome cousin, Debbie, made these delectable treats for me. My favorite critter! And chocolate! All rolled into one. Who can ask for anything more?

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Aww, looks like you had a wonderful birthday! Glad you were able to celebrate it at home with your friends and family - who obviously love you dearly! Happy Birthday!

BTW - I still look like that when I eat and I'm pushing 39!

Haddock said...

Ha ha like that critter and chocolate rolled in one.

for a different kind of girl said...

A chocolate and orange cake!? Yes, please! I'd figure out all kinds of ways home to get some of that. To top it all off with some adorable cupcakes is, well, (forgive me) icing on the cake!

Sounds like it was a truly fantastic birthday. Glad you got to celebrate it at home!

Pearl said...

Wow! You got great presents! You have very thoughtful peeps in your life. And thank you for your kind words of my cards. That was really sweet of you! And those cupcakes that Debbie made are AWESOME! I want to make those now. I cant figure out what the face is though.

Mrsbear said...

Aw. Happy belated! I notice a consistent chocolate theme among your birthday treats. ;) That's how I like to celebrate. And owl cupcakes! You are loved. :)

Krista P said...

Two words: Spoliled Rtten.

Glad you had a wonderful birthday!!!