Wednesday, September 15, 2010

This House is NOT Comfort Cool

About a month ago the AC went out. Its still super hot in south texas. The kids, the dog and I went out for most of the day. You would be surprised at how few air conditioned places let you bring your dog inside. We even went over to my friend, Elizabeth's, house to cool off. Her Great Dane and my Great Dane weren't the greatest of friends at that point (but there is an upcoming post with a happy ending). We didn't stay too long though. Neither Elizabeth, nor I, have the strength to hold back two riled up Great Danes.

Shout out to Elizabeth And Apollo, "HOLLA!!!"

After about 8 hours of driving around town and just plain sitting in the car, we went back home. It was in the low 90's in the house. So, its not like it was dangerously hot or anything. This where the cat was when I left her and she was still there when I returned...

... all cozy between the toaster and a bowl of ice water. Well, at the end of the day it was just water.

Ten minutes at home and this is where Duncan passed out.

Cartoons can make almost any unpleasant situation tolerable.

5 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Oh, yuck, life without AC. We had half a day without it recently and thought life as we knew it was over.
(That is the most kick-ass rug! Seriously, I love it!)

Pearl said...

OMG! Had no idea you were without a/c!!!! You poor girl!!!!! I feel for you my darlin! xo

btw....everytime i see that rug in any pic, i just turn green with lots of envy!!!!!!

Ginny Marie said...

Ditto on the rug! Plus, I love your new header! I hope either you get AC soon or the weather cools down for you. That must be miserable!

MIL said...

Next time CALL ME, silly girl! You could have hung out over here!
hugs,
MIL

Laufa said...

Dog park nearby?
I wonder if that rug comes in blues? I like it too!
At least you weren't pregnant too. I was 7 mo. pregnant (years ago) when ours went out.