Thursday, April 7, 2011

Enchanted Rock - March, with the kids

On the trail before we get to the rock.

At the top of the rock! Brandon and I were reminiscing that the last time we took the kids here, Ethan was a nursing infant in a baby carrier on my back. And now he can tear up the rock in no time flat.

Me, overcompensating for my kids lack of enthusiasm to have their picture taken.

I think B took this.

Tough guys.

-----------------

Brandon and Gabriel found the cave we heard so much about. It goes from the top of the rock to the bottom. Brandon said, "stay here with Ethan. Gabe and I will check it out to see if you can make it through." Thirty minutes later, Ethan and I ventured to see if we could find where it let out. On the way I snapped these shots.

----------------------

On the way down from the rock:

4 comments:

Krista P said...

I love how much time you spend outdoors with the boys. I can't wait until the weather warms up enough here!

Ginny Marie said...

Bex, you rock! (couldn't resist!)

I couldn't find the Sylvester Mouse book at my library either...sadness! I'd like to read it again.

Pearl said...

I LOVE the pics of you!!!! You are too cute!!!!!

Mrsbear said...

So cool! As far as I'm aware there are no gigantic rocks in our near vicinity. It's all flatness and swamps and coral. I love our beaches but I am coveting your giant rock, that last picture of the boys is neat. Yeah, I said "neat" cause I'm like 80 on the inside.