Wednesday, May 6, 2009
an award and a tease
Looky here! It seems that my adoring fan(s) have bestowed another award upon me! Yay! Not that I'm bragging or anything - but its really exciting! Thank you Laufa for this wonderful honor. I'd also like to thank .... ok, well, its not an Oscar or anything so I'll leave it at that.
Awards come with paperwork you know. So, on to business:
I (You) must write a post bragging about it, (which will be very easy for Me to do!!) and include the AWESOME person who thought I (you) deserved such honor and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real. Choose a minimum of seven (7) blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Or improvise by including bloggers who have no idea who you are because you don’t have seven (7) friends.Show the seven (7) random victims’ names and links and leave a comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, really, but they can keep the nifty icon. Next, in your blog, list at least ten (10) honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on! (Disclaimer, I copied this from Laufa who copied this from Shopgirl, hehe. Yes, I even copied the hehe.)
1. Krista (KP) at The Grove
2. Blogging Mama (thank you for returning to the blogosphere)
3. Ginny Marie (no its not her real name) at Lemon Drop Pie
4. Casey at HASAY
5. Becky at Suburban Matron
6. Shangrila at My Bella Figlia (girl, you could post everyday and leave us wanting more!)
7. Cassie at Spilled Milk (quickly taking over the blogosphere - or at least quickly taking over portions of my day to check her blog!)
And on to the more dull aspect of this evening's rituals, 10 things about me:
1. every Wednesday at my house is Taco Wednesday - but lately its been Mexican Wednesday (today we are having taco salad)
2. my cell phone carrier is AT&T and I think they rock and they don't pay me to tell you that
3. my cable providor is Time Warner. Not a big fan.
4. I'm learning how to play the guitar off the internet. my first song is Amazing Love
5. I stopped drinking beer bc I was growing a little extra fluff around the middle. swimsuit season is May thru October. Beer season is November through April.
6. I have two kids and one of them is my favorite! (but I love them equally)
7. i'm pretty sure i'm going to get hate mail for #6.
8. i can't figure out how to put three columns on my blog
9. my right pinky toe is all weird
10. i can sing on key just fine, as long as the key is G - most music is not in G (major contributing factor to learning the guitar)
Now - the tease - she was a sweet, kind, older lady with a cantankerous streak that cost her her right ear. This post was going up today but now it must wait - it must wait through tomorrow's Funky Foto Flashback until Friday!