Thursday, August 21, 2008

previously...

Last Friday, we had a rare moment.

The kids were in the backyard bugging me while I was trying to get the yard set up for G's bday party. In a moment of exasperation / genius / divine intervention / whatever you want to call it I turned on the sprinkler, no swimsuits, just the boys and the sprinkler. Very spontaneous - very unlike me (am working on that).

They were having so much fun that it was fun to watch them. Finally I joined in. At first it was weird to play with them instead of sit on the sidelines taking pictures for the blog. But it turned out to be so much fun I quickly forgot about the blog, about the party decorations, about the fact that I was wearing my last set of clean clothes and I had just committed myself to doing laundry. It was one of those moments that in its simplicity I'm likely not to forget...

... and I took a picture when we came inside.

1 comment:

Krista P said...

I knew you wouldn't let us down! That for the visual.

So glad you got to kick back for a bit.