Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spin Cycle: In a New York Minute

Hubs and I leave for NYC tomorrow. Yay! My first TIME visiting the Big Apple! I have spent all this week preparing my check lists, writing sub lists of my lists and crossing things off accordingly (ie. the lists to make list: grocery list, packing list, things to double check before leaving list, things to show Simon list, lists for the children, lists of places to google map in NY, oh.... the list goes on).

There just isn't enough TIME to do all of this!

There is never enough TIME. I am in a constant state of feeling rushed. I should fit in well in NYC.

Part of the problem is that I hate to lose sleep. Some people (and I'm not naming names) call this lazy. P-shaw. Some of us require more beauty rest than others. But practically speaking, if I woke up an hour or two before the children, I would get a lot more done.

I've barely had TIME for myself (save blogging). No TIME to shave my legs (a big apology for that to my yoga students) no TIME to take off chipped nail polish, much less repaint with new coats of nail polish (again, sorry to my yogis). No TIME for extended cuddles and fetch with Sheila. But we at least had our running TIME together.

One thing I know for sure - don't shirk your relationships with people to do chores (to all my fellow Jesus freaks: think Martha). So I made TIME to visit with my SIL (and MIL and G-MIL) and TIME to cuddle and play with my kiddies (who I might miss just a little bit while I am in NYC partying like a rock star). I made TIME to call my mom and TIME to email Krista (even though it was a very short email).

TIME is slipping away - its like in a movie; a bomb is about to go off as the protagonist feverishly tries to disarm it. My chores are looming over me - taunting me - chanting, "Na -na -na -na - naaaa - you can't catch up with me!"

This happens every TIME I go out of town. But this TIME I promised myself that I will not spend my vacation obsessing over what I left undone: what laundry is waiting for my return, what dust bunnies are reproducing in the corners of the rooms and what library books are overdue. This TIME Simon will be here to return my library books or sweep the floors or ... well, I like to do the laundry my way.

Ok, so, I don't have TIME to blog - even though I am blogging all about my lack of TIME. I am looking forward to having the TIME of my life! Laissez les bons TEMPS rouler!

BTW: T is the twentieth letter of the alphabet so I used the word time 20 times in this post (including once in French!)

Check out other time themed spins - click here or put your own spin on it!

10 comments:

Sprite's Keeper said...

Have a great time in NYC! New York Minute?
I agree, we have to make time for anything we WANT to do while having to save time for all the things we HAVE to do. Ugh. Wishing you a safe and happy trip!
You're linked!

Ginny Marie said...

Great reference to Martha! That's one of my favorite stories.

I never have time to shave my legs...but I wear pants all the time.

Have a great time in NYC!

Pearl said...

im sooooooooooooooooo jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have tons of fun, you deserve it!!!

Casey said...

Yay, have fun in NYC! It's definitely a fun, fast paced place to visit.

My legs go unshaven for days at a time and I sometimes don't even get a daily shower in. And it's HOT here so that makes me stink. What, too much?

Rachel said...

Have fun! I'm not brave enough to go to NYC alone or with just my hubby, so I've never been, but I envy the good time you're going to have!

Should you stop by the Statue of Liberty, just know that a 3 year old in Florida is very jealous. I have no idea why or how she's developed an obsession with the Lady, but she has.

Joanie said...

I hope you have a great TIME in NYC!!! I love it there! I try to go once or twice a year for shows (musicals to be exact). Great spin!

Camille said...

Your blog is so cute---your little boys in the header are precious. Have fun in NY! I've been three times and could go once a year and never be sick of it.

Pseudo said...

We went to NYC for the first time 2 years ago. You will never run out of things to do. So. Much. Fun.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Hopefully you're at this very moment having a great TIME in NY! :)

Loved your spin! :)

Krista P said...

You always make me smile.